1. Legion rules for SBG (this counts for terrain as well), 3rd age heroes only as your general. Your general can not change from game to game, if he is killed in a game then he is gone for good but you may replace his points. Everyone chooses a home base related to their army list. Bases are listed under the region, one player per base.
2. Military campaign: Eight battles for each player. At the end the side with the most wins in each region wins that region, the side with the most regions wins the campaign.
3. The point system: (see bottom) determines the overall winner. I will buy movement trays from WotR for the overall point winner; one infantry package and one cavalry package.
4. Bases (pick one that matches your army best you can)
a. Good: Ithilien, Minas Tirith, Arnor, Iron Hills, Lothlorien, Rivendell, Dol Amroth, Edoras, Grey Havens, Thranduil.
b. Evil: Minas Morgul, Harad, Isengaurd, Balchoth, Dol Guldur, Black Gate, Far Harad, Moria, Angmar
Minas Morgul, Ithilien, Harad, Minas Tirith
Arnor, Iron Hills, Isengaurd, Balchoth(easterlings), Lothlorien, Rivendell, Dol Guldur, Moria
Minis Tirith, Black Gate, Dol Amroth, Edoras, Minas Morgal, Far Harad
Harad, Far Harad, Dol Amroth, Ithillien
Balchoth(easterlings), Iron Hills, Black Gate, Thranduil, Lothlorian, Angmar
Dol Gulder, Moria, Arnor, Angmar, Rivendell, Edoras, Grey Havens, Isengaurd
5. Your battle company does not have to be related to your army for convenience sake. i.e. you can have a hobbit battle company and a gondor army or a harad BC and a dol guldur army.
6. For good players Saruman the white is playable if you are not vs Isengaurd, if you are he may be replaced with Radagast or whoever you see fit.
7. To start a game: good and evil roll off, whichever gets the higher roll then can choose a region to battle in.
a. Looking at the region base list, if both player bases are on that regions base list the roll off winner rolls a dice for a scenario in legions. Players fight with their 600pt army with battle company coming in as per page 17 of the battle companies rules(no extra points given for a win/loss/draw because the BC is with your 600pts, but they can gain experience etc). I don’t have legions(who has my copy anyway?) if someone could come up with a dice scheme for scenario’s that would be great.
b. If your two bases are not in the same region then you fight with your battle companies first (roll off winner roll for scenario in BC handbook, NOT legions). Whoever loses the BC fight picks a scenario in legions. This battle is fought with your 600pt armies and your remaining BC joins as per page 17 of the BC rules. A win with a battle company in this manner gives the opportunity for more points because you can win twice, once with the BC and once with your army+BC.
8. It would be great if everyone had two armies/BC’s to help balance good/evil but I understand if you can’t. Having two BC may be a bit much as well, so everyone please claim a side, be you good or be you evil, for you MUST choose……for now at least.
9. This should not preclude us from doing a mega style battle and incorporating it in somehow. A WotR battle to replace a SBG game is fine with me but you will have to fight with your BC’s separately.
10. In the event of a tie for regions and or points, mega battle to decide the winner.
11. You can play on the weekends as long as you tell me the result. I will be posting it on the website http://richmondwarmancers.blogspot.com.
Major Victory 20pts
Minor Victory 15pts
Draw 10pts (battle company win)
Minor Loss 5 pts (battle company draw)
Major Loss 0pts (battle company loss)