Monday, September 16, 2019

Eves of Midlothian 800 points LoTR (Middle Earth Strategy Battle Game)

I really should update this more, I will be posting a battle report here in a couple of days.
Fred would be better at this than me.
Here is the army I played with:
Warband 1 18/18
Suladân the Serpent Lord with Horse;
6 Haradrim Warrior with Bow with poisoned arrows; Spear;
6 Haradrim Warrior with Spear;
6 Abrakhân Merchant Guard
---- Warband 2 11/12
Haradrim Chieftain with Horse;
1 Haradrim Warrior with Banner
3 Haradrim Raider
3 Serpent Guard
4 Abrakhân Merchant Guard
---- Warband 3 5/12
Râza, Fang of the Serpent
5 Haradrim Warrior with Bow with poisoned arrows; Spear;
1 Haradrim Watcher of Karna with Bow with poisoned arrows;

--- Corsairs of Umbar ----
Warband 5/18
Dalamyr, Fleetmaster of Umbar
4 Corsair Reaver

1 Corsair Arbelaster
--- Warband 2 5/12
Corsair Bo'sun with Spear; Shield;
4 Corsair Reaver

1 Corsair Arbelaster

Over the course of the tournament I faced a numbers of armies, but I learned quickly a couple of things:
Abrakhan guard are great, Str 4 and chop go a long way in killing high Def. enemies.
Always remember the reaver special rule to get that +1 to wound, I forgot the entire tournament :(.
Keep Suladan close to your lines, his banner effect is great.  Same with Bo Sun.
I really need to spread my army and organize a bit better. 18 in one warband and 5 in another is not good.
The watcher is better without the bow IMHO.


No comments:

Post a Comment